Blue is one of the most versatile colors in the wardrobe because of its ability to be worn in a variety of different shades, tones and hues. While it might seem like there aren’t many ways to wear the same dress, you’d be surprised by how many different styles and looks you can achieve with just one item of clothing. If you’re looking to make your blue dress become your go-to item in your closet, check out these five ways to style it any occasion.
1) With heels and a blazer for the office
– Pair a blue dress with black heels and an oversized blazer for work. This look is both feminine and professional, making it perfect for the office.
– Take your outfit up a notch by adding some gold jewelry like earrings, bracelets or necklaces. The metallic color will complement your dress and add some glamour.
– If you’re looking for something more casual, try pairing your dress with sandals or espadrille wedges.
2) With sneakers and a denim jacket for casual weekends
For casual weekends, pair your blue dress with sneakers and a denim jacket. If you want to add some color, throw on a bright scarf or chunky necklace. You can also wear it to the office by pairing it with classic black pumps and a blazer. Add a statement earring or elegant watch for an evening out, or go completely boho chic by tying on colorful tights over jeans.
3) With sandals and a straw bag for the beach
A blue dress is perfect for the summer. Pair it with your favorite sandals and straw bag, and you’ll be ready to go on vacation.
I wore this outfit out on the town, but you can also wear it on the beach or at an event. It’s such a versatile piece of clothing. Plus, blue is one of my favorite colors.
4) With boots and a scarf for cold weather
Blue is a versatile color. It can be paired with almost any other color in your closet. Consider wearing your blue dress with black boots and a long scarf when the weather gets chilly. For spring, try pairing it with lace-up sandals and a straw hat to keep the sun out of your eyes. For summer, wear it as you would any other dress: on its own or over jeans or shorts.
5) With a clutch and jewelry for a night out
You can dress your blue dress up or down depending on the occasion. With the right accessories, you can take your outfit from day to night in no time. For instance, wear it with an evening clutch and bold jewelry for a fancy evening out on the town.